Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Still existing



Yeah , I know the blog is more than a little out of date . I keep meaning to update it but I find myself , increasingly ,
busy and rarely seem to have any free time in which I'm not plain knackered . So , alas , the blog suffers on.

What's up with me?

Well , I guess I'm working a hell of a lot, in one way or another.

My main job , as barista etc. at Yohei , clocks in at about 50 hrs a week . I like the job a lot . It's a good place to work and the owners are truly good , nice people.
We set up a retail section of the store .
Y'know , branded t-shirts , trucker caps , travel mugs etc.

Yohei is seen as a 'hip' brand , by locals as well as overseas visitors ( The town relies quiet heavily on tourism - population swells from about 5000 at off peak
season to 90000 at it's busiest - sitting at about 20,000(ish) over the winter months , due to having 3 ski fields in the immediate area .) So we sell quite well.

I also run a barista training programme for anyone who wants to learn - I don't actively promote this , but people come to me looking for lessons ,so ,
instead of sending them to one of the courses run by the polytech - which , by all accounts is rather poor - I teach them myself.

As if that wasn't enough , I have been working a lot with a Cork lad who has a design and media business , here in town.
It's a small firm with 3 or 4 staff , but has many big contracts in the area.
I do a lot of the video based work for him , including , recently , the transfer and editing of about 140 rolls of Super 8 film belonging to Sir Tim Wallis.
It is a lot of interesting footage from all over the world from the 60's and 70's .

We are also in preproduction for a snowboard documentary - kinda like Dogtown and Z-Boys - only about snowboarding .

Doing a bit of art for self and for charity too , occasionally.

Then there is , of course Rachel and Mud and Patch (M & P being the dogs) , who all need caring and feeding , and we are still looking for a house to buy.
We put in an offer for a really nice house with an acre of land recently but it looks like they want to much money for it. The region we live in , is the most expensive
average real estate prices in New Zealand ,so you know , it's hard finding a nice house that is within our budget , but we will keep looking and I'm sure we will find the right spot sooner or later.

Anyhow , hi to all and hope ye are well.

xR

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stranger, just randomly checked your blog after months and you are back! Great to hear you and Rachel are happy. Hopefully some time this year me and Marco will make it down south to catch up. We are still in Wellington; I have 8 months left until I get my degree – the count down is on! Give my love to Rachel, stay well and happy. Love Emily

12:08 a.m.  
Blogger mud said...

Hiya Em ,

sorry for being utter crap at staing in touch , but , yknow, I'm not the most organised chap in the world.

Hey , if you guys get down this far at any stage , we would love to see ya . Yer always welcome - we have a spare room with yer name on it.
Love to you and Marco ..
ps. Hows that Supreme Coffee machine goin'!!

7:36 p.m.  
Blogger Reasonably shorts said...

Thats a very familiar bit of text

11:54 a.m.  
Blogger Reasonably shorts said...

Thats a very familiar bit of text

11:54 a.m.  
Blogger Reasonably shorts said...

So's that

11:55 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home